Smat's Blog

Smat's world

Thursday, September 15, 2005

tasteless winge alert

We went to the supermarket this morning to do some shopping. Noticed the ambulance outside, blue lights flashing and so on. Inside some aisles blocked off while the paramedics tried to revive collapsed person. Fair enough. But why couldn't the assisstant "guarding" the end of the milk aisle pass me 2 litres of skimmed milk? I had no intention of joining in the heart massage etc (only being trained in children and babies) - I just wanted some milk for the kids' breakfasts tomorrow morning. Why so unhelpful? And why couldn't the person have collapsed in the biscuit aisle, then I wouldn't have bought several packets of chocolate biscuits, which I'm now obliged to eat, thus rendering me hugely enormous?
Some people, eh?

6 Comments:

  • At 5:20 PM, Blogger patroclus said…

    Heh heh heh.

    I was once sent home from Woolworths for hallucinating in the pick 'n' mix aisle.

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger Smat said…

    did we not get thrown out of somewhere for giggling once?

     
  • At 7:26 PM, Blogger patroclus said…

    Once?

     
  • At 7:46 PM, Blogger Smat said…

    I got thrown out of a KFC (or similar) for trying to buy a burger. Quite impressed by that.

     
  • At 7:55 PM, Blogger patroclus said…

    Weren't you once thrown out of the Ritz for trying to bring a burger into the tearoom?

     
  • At 10:32 PM, Blogger Smat said…

    There seems to be a burger thing going on here! No, they didn't ask me to leave the Ritz, they just wouldn't bring me any coffee. So same thing really.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home