Smat's Blog

Smat's world

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

'tis the night before Advent

This year I swore I was going to be Organised and have the little parcels which go into the Baby Smats' Advent calenders ready before 11pm on the 30th November, as it gets too stressful trying to wrap fiddly things in Santa'a Special Wrapping Paper (which obviously is totally different to Mummy's wrapping paper) after a couple of glasses of wine. And I am. (organised that it, not on the outside of a couple of glasses of wine - it's only 11.30)
And then I thought we'd decorate the Christmas tree in time for Santa to see it when he comes tonight to deliver the Advent parcels and collect the Letters to Santa, so no problem, I'll put the tree up while some of the Baby Smats are at school, it'll be a nice surprise for when they come home.
But, the new Christmas tree is much bigger than the old Christmas tree, and I've just finished reorganising the entire contents of my living room to fit in the tree and some seating, while not disturbing the viewing of Postman Pat. And it's been even more stressful than the Advent parcels as the room isn't big enough for the tree, two sofas, a chair, a large coffee table, some shelves and the television. Something's going to have to go, and it might very well be me.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:52 AM, Blogger Stef the engineer said…

    Tree - real or not?

    We have a fake one that has lasted many years, and I'm happy with. Wifey is pushing for a real one. What have you gone for, and why?

    (Sorry to ask, but you seem to be dealing with trees at the moment!)

     
  • At 11:23 AM, Blogger Smat said…

    fake this year because we're away for two weeks over Christmas, so real is rather a waste of time. Do prefer real though, although I'm yet to find a guaranteed non-needle-dropping-but-still-proper-Christmas-tree-shaped tree down here in the deepest south. Not a problem in Scotland though.

     
  • At 5:35 PM, Blogger Stef the engineer said…

    I went racing on Saturday, coming back to find wifey had decided to end the discussions with a quick trip to the local garden centre! Oh well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home