Smat's Blog

Smat's world

Saturday, April 15, 2006

It's raining rain

which means the whole decking project is SERIOUSLY behind schedule. But so far we've managed to:
1. build nearly a whole quarter of the oustide edge of the framework.
2. do all the ironing.
3. build some "workshop-type stuff" in the garage.
4. sell the old car for £20 (they were robbed - the most valuable thing in that car was the tax disc, which I've sent off for a refund. And the quarter a tank of diesel.)
Speaking of which (was watching the "fuel scare" on the BBC news earlier) what happened to the weather forecast after the 10 o'clock news? I know it's the Easter weekend and all, but some of us need to know what the weather's going to be like. I feel a letter coming on...

2 Comments:

  • At 7:56 PM, Blogger Tabby Rabbit said…

    You say 'we'. Was there a family production line working on the ironing? In which case, great idea...

     
  • At 9:30 PM, Blogger Smat said…

    I think I'm a Bad Mother because I would much rather actually do the ironing myself than have to "supervise" either the Baby Smats (those that are old enough to be trusted with an iron) or Mr Smat (who needs to be provided with sport on the telly to watch).
    The decking is a proper family project however - I plan, supervise and nag, Mr Smat does all the grunt work, and the Baby Smast bounce on the trampoline and squabble about whose turn it is to pass Daddy the hammer/drill/chainsaw/concrete breaker - oh yes, the decking needs Power Tools...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home