Smat's Blog

Smat's world

Thursday, October 13, 2005

20 things you might not know about me

Thanks surly girl - does this mean I have proper blogging friends then? Woohoo.
OK, here goes:
1. I can't spell tommorrow, and have never been able to.
2. I worry that people don't like me.
3. I invented a professor in my History A level exam.
4. I have two and a half A levels (see no 3).
5. A long time ago I abandoned Patroclus to drown in a ditch. She survived (fortunately).
6. I've always wanted ballet lessons, but never had any.
7. I've never watched an episode of Sex in the City.
8. I really really want to crochet the Lorenz manifold. I don't understand it, but I want it.
9. I used to be totally and utterly obsessed with Liam from the Hot House Flowers.
10. I like girly pop music.
11. Mornings don't agree with me.
12. Wine and cider do agree with me (but not at the same time). That might explain no 11.
13. I haven't been to the gym in the past 18 months despite paying a monthly subscription.
14. Mr Smat won't buy me an eternity ring - he says it just feels like an eternity.
15. It's very easy to make me blush.
16. When I was little I had no idea what I wanted to be when I grew up.
17. I still have no idea what I want to be when I grow up.
18. Plaster casts of my teeth are in a dentistry museum in London.
19. Garages scare me.
20. Writing this list has taken me over an hour.

9 Comments:

  • At 1:13 PM, Blogger patroclus said…

    Ahahahaa! Fantastic! I love that one about the Lorenz Manifold. I have no recollection of you leaving me to drown in a ditch - more details, please. And finally, what sort of garages? Like ones attached to a house, or repair places, or petrol stations, or what?

     
  • At 2:44 PM, Blogger Smat said…

    the ditch was in Glen Affric, the year was 1987, the reason was you were overloaded with all our camping and cooking equipment, fell forwards into a ditch and were trapped by your rucksack coming up over your head. Shamefully we just laughed and left you there.
    It's the repair-type garages which scare me as i'm always afraid they'll start laughing when I try to describe the funny clicky noise coming from somewhere deep inside the bonnet which I can't actually open up.

     
  • At 7:33 AM, Blogger surly girl said…

    weirdly my first question was going to be "petrol stations or car-parking ones?". i'm more scared of the ones attached to houses as they invariably lead to spiders in your wellingtons.

     
  • At 9:01 AM, Blogger Stef the engineer said…

    Glen Affric? Goodness me; I remember staying at the "Youth Hostel" (tin shed) there. Wonderful place. My rucksack was eaten through by a mouse after my chocolate bar.
    Hot house flowers - "Don't Go"? Those the ones?
    Thanks for the blast from the past!

     
  • At 9:50 AM, Blogger Smat said…

    I don't recall any signs of civilisation in Glen Affric (or even any tin sheds). We did try to find a waterfall for Patrolclus to pretend she was in a Timotei advert though.

     
  • At 10:36 AM, Blogger patroclus said…

    God, Stef, it's like you were actually *there*! Smat - we did stay in the youth hostel, I'm sure. On the first night. Err, didn't we? I might be mixing it up with some other horrible, midge-infested, pack-pony-style, near-drowning expedition experience. Still, all character-building stuff. Or so they told us.

     
  • At 10:42 AM, Blogger Smat said…

    maybe Stef was actually there with us! Definately no Youth Hostel - dumped out of the minibus around 2 in the afternoon, collected 30 miles away two days later. And they wouldn't let us take Pot Noodles either.

     
  • At 11:07 AM, Blogger Stef the engineer said…

    Well, this is where I stayed!
    http://www.syha.org.uk/SYHA/Web/Site/Hostels/GlenAffric.asp
    Looks like it hasn't changed a bit!

    I don't think there was anyone else, other than the mouse, in the "hostel" at the time, but I may have tripped over someone in a ditch up there.

     
  • At 6:45 PM, Blogger Tabby Rabbit said…

    << I haven't been to the gym in the past 18 months despite paying a monthly subscription.<<

    Join the club. Oh we already have. I keep going to cancel my subscription (okay, I look like a regular compared to you as I go at *least* once every two months) - but then I think I might have a change of personality and become one of those people that really like the gym. You know the ones you read about who admit they hated it but then become addicted > thin > gorgeous. I should probably just admit to myself that I hate everything about the gym and will never want to be an active member

     

Post a Comment

<< Home